Hello Student, in this video we will try to recapitulate our concept in Pair of linear Equation in Two Variables ,which we have studied a bit in class 9. This video covers following topics:
1. What is a linear equation and nature of its graph.
2. What is linear equation in two variable,number of possible solutions of linear equation in two variables ,and its nature of graph .
3. What are pair of linear equation in two variable and graphical and algebraic ways to find the solution of pair of linear equation in two variable.
Hello Student, This is the 2nd video from chapter2- Pair of Linear Equation in two variables. In this video we have particularly focused on dealing with problems given in Ex3.1. The primary objective of this lesson is to let you know the method to form the pair of linear equation in two variable from the given word based problems.Following Questions have been discussed in this video:
1. Aftab tells his daughter, “Seven years ago, I was seven times as old as you were then. Also, three years from now, I shall be three times as old as you will be.” (Isn’t this interesting?) Represent this situation algebraically and graphically.
2. The coach of a cricket team buys 3 bats and 6 balls for Rs 3900. Later, she buys another bat and 3 more balls of the same kind for Rs 1300. Represent this situation algebraically and geometrically.
3. The cost of 2 kg of apples and 1kg of grapes on a day was found to be Rs 160. After a month, the cost of 4 kg of apples and 2 kg of grapes is Rs 300. Represent the situation
algebraically and geometrically.
This is the 3rd video for the Chapter3 Pair of Linear Equation in two Variable.Topics covered in this video are: (i) How to solve Pair of linear equation in two variable by graphical method.
(ii) Nature of Graphs – intersecting,parallel and coinciding lines.
(iii) Problem Solving : Ex 3.1 ,Q.No – 1 and 7.
1. Form the pair of linear equations in the following problems, and find their solutions graphically.
(i) 10 students of Class X took part in a Mathematics quiz. If the number of girls is 4 more than the number of boys, find the number of boys and girls who took part in the quiz.
(ii) 5 pencils and 7 pens together cost rs50, whereas 7 pencils and 5 pens together cost rs46. Find the cost of one pencil and that of one pen.
7. Draw the graphs of the equations x – y + 1 = 0 and 3x + 2y – 12 = 0. Determine the coordinates of the vertices of the triangle formed by these lines and the x-axis, and shade the triangular region.
Visit Our Official YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/problemsolvingassessment for more videos on every topic of CBSE class 10 Mathematics.