Watch the third video session on “Some Applications of Trigonometry” for Class Xth – concepts and solved questions
Some Applications of Trigonometry – NCERT Class X – Part 3
1. Astronomers used Trigonometry to calculate distances from the Earth to the other planets and starts.
2. It is also used to construct in geography to construct maps and in navigation.
3. Line connecting the observer’s eye to the position of the object being viewed is called line of sight.
4.Horizontal level is the line that we get when we look absolutely straight (neither up or down).
5. Angle formed between line of site and horizontal level is called the angle of elevation.
NCERT Exercise 9.1 Q7 – 8 Solved
7. From a point on the ground, the angles of elevation of the bottom and the top of a transmission tower fixed at the top of a 20 m high building are 45° and 60° respectively. Find the height of the tower.
8. A statue, 1.6 m tall, stands on the top of a pedestal. From a point on the ground, the angle of elevation of the top of the statue is 60° and from the same point the angle of elevation of the top of the pedestal is 45°. Find the height of the pedestal.