Watch the second video session on “Some Applications of Trigonometry” for Class Xth – concepts and solved questions
Some Applications of Trigonometry – NCERT Class X – Part 2
1. Astronomers used Trigonometry to calculate distances from the Earth to the other planets and starts.
2. It is also used to construct in geography to construct maps and in navigation.
3. Line connecting the observer’s eye to the position of the object being viewed is called line of sight.
4.Horizontal level is the line that we get when we look absolutely straight (neither up or down).
5. Angle formed between line of site and horizontal level is called the angle of elevation.
NCERT Exercise 9.1 Q4 – 6 Solved
4. The angle of elevation of the top of a tower from a point on the ground, which is 30 m away from the foot of the tower, is 30°. Find the height of the tower.
5. A kite is flying at a height of 60 m above the ground. The string attached to the kite is temporarily tied to a point on the ground. The inclination of the string with the ground
is 60°. Find the length of the string, assuming that there is no slack in the string.
6. A 1.5 m tall boy is standing at some distance from a 30 m tall building. The angle of elevation from his eyes to the top of the building increases from 30° to 60° as he walks towards the building. Find the distance he walked towards the building.